2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles TC125
With 40 hp and unrivalled agility, the TC 125 may be small in capacity but makes up for it by being big on capability. Further refinements made to its powerplant and the addition of a new 6-speed PANKL gearbox results in more power and torque than anything else in its class. As before, the TC 125 features premium build quality and components, making it a true contender for both seasoned racers and beginners.
- Engine: With 40 hp, and an overall weight of just 17.2 kg, the 125 cc engine shows the continued commitment in 2-stroke technology at Husqvarna Motorcycles. The lightweight unit is designed to provide more torque than traditional 2-stroke engines making the TC 125 easier to ride for both beginners and seasoned professionals. As with the larger motors, the TC 125 engine centralizes rotating mass for optimal operation with the chassis resulting in light and agile handling.
- Cylinder and piston: The cylinder features an innovative power valve design and 54 mm bore. Both the main and lateral exhaust ports are matched with a machined finish on the exhaust port's upper contour for more accurate port timing, delivering unrivalled 2-stroke performance.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is manufactured to be as light as possible and is balanced perfectly to reduce vibrations. The component is precisely positioned to ensure rotational mass has very little effect on the overall handling of the motorcycle.
- Crankcase: High-pressure die cast production processes keep the overall weight to a minimum, while a new and reinforced kickstart intermediate gear improves starting reliability. The iconic Husqvarna Motorcycles emblem adorns the bronze-finished crankcase covers as a modern-day salute to the 2-stroke legends of the past.
- Chromium molybdenum frame: The 2019 Husqvarna motocross frame features increased stiffness, for improved rider feedback, advanced energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating with standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- Carbon fibre subframe: Made from 70% polyamide and 30% carbon fibre, the unique subframe has been remodelled to feature an intelligent 2-piece design, saving a further 250 g for an overall weight of just over 1 kg. Specific care is taken to create the perfect rigidity for optimal handling and rider comfort, without compromising quality.
- WP AER 48 suspension: The 48 mm split air fork features a capsulated air spring and pressurized oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The forks feature revised settings and are easily adjusted via the single air pressure pre-load valve, as well as through easy access clickers. Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust the fork's air pressure is provided as standard.
- WP DCC rear suspension: With a new main piston and updated settings, balanced with the new front-end setup and frame rigidity, the WP DCC rear shock provides advanced damping characteristics. A pressure balance inside the shock ensures damping is consistent, which results in superior rider comfort and handling.
- Gearbox: An all-new 6-speed gearbox is manufactured exclusively by PANKL Racing Systems and ensures the highest level of durability and reliability. The gearbox features specific motocross gearing, while the gear lever features an innovative tip design that prevents dirt build-up.
- Hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made MAGURA clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that lever play is constantly compensated for, keeping the pressure point and clutch function consistent in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Self-cleaning footpegs: Self-cleaning footpeg mounts prevent dirt from collecting and clogging up pegs when riding through deep ruts or in muddy terrain. They have been successfully tested and proven in the toughest riding and racing conditions.
- Pro Taper handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, PRO TAPER handlebars feature class-leading fatigue resistance with minimal weight. A new handlebar bend further increases comfort by improving the pressure point on the rider's hands, while standard handguards offer maximum roost protection.
- High tech production processes: High-pressure die cast production processes keep the overall engine weight to a minimum, resulting in a thinner, but overall stronger, engine casing. On the frame side, hydroforming, laser-cutting and robot welding merge quality materials and advanced manufacturing techniques, while an innovative carbon composite subframe features supreme strength at minimal weight.
- Mikuni carburettor: The TC 125 features a 38 mm flat slide MIKUNI TMX carburettor. With an updated setting for 2019, the carburettor provides smooth and controllable power delivery with optimal performance across the entire RPM range.
- Functional bodywork: For the 2019 motocross generation, all-new bodywork showcases the Husqvarna Motorcycles pioneering design direction in offroad motorcycles. Clean, Swedish-inspired design and ergonomics are tailored to deliver greater comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. After extensive testing, the contact points have been slimmed down to aid in seamless movement around the bike.
- Tool-less airbox design: Designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at reducing drag and air flow deformation, the new airbox ensures unrestricted airflow with maximum filter protection. The TWIN AIR filter is easily accessed without tools, by simply removing the left side panel for easy maintenance.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 124.8 cm³
- Stroke: 54.5 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: MEDJ digital
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 124.8 cm³
- Fuel System
- MEDJ digital
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.