2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles TX 300
The Future 2-Stroke
The TX 300 signifies the constant development and secure future of the historic 300cc 2-stroke in the Husqvarna off-road line-up. Featuring the latest technology available, the TX 300 is a purpose-built closed course racing 2-stroke with off-road specific features. A larger fuel tank, an 18-inch rear wheel and a side-stand increase the ability and usability of the TX for its intended purpose. Additionally, the lightweight 2-stroke engine is efficienct, centralizes mass and features very little vibration thanks to a counter balancer shaft. As a result the TX 300 offers a refined and manageable closed course racing package.
- Engine: The 300cc 2-stroke engine has for long been the best combination of unsurpassed power and lightweight construction. The simplicity and low maintenance cost of the 2-stroke motor has made it a favorite amongst riders for generations. The TX 300 features an advanced construction with shaft arrangements aimed at centralizing oscillating mass. A counter balancer shaft reduces vibration while a twin-valve controlled power valve ensures optimal performance.
- Transmission: A 6-speed wide ratio gearbox complements the off-road usage of the TX 300. An innovative shift lever reduces dirt build up guaranteeing easy operation in even the toughest conditions.
- Crankcases: The TX 300 engine is designed with mass centralization as a key theme. As a result the lightweight, die-cast engine cases are developed to accommodate the specific location of shaft arrangements. Additionally the counter balancer shaft is integrated in a very compact manner having little affect on the compact design.
- Carburettor: The TX 300 features a 38mm flat slide Mikuni TMX carburettor. This carburettor provides a smooth and controllable power delivery with optimal performance over the entire RPM range. Additionally, the carburettor has minimal sensitivity to changes in temperature and altitude which reduces the need for setting changes in different conditions.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems is specifically designed with calculated parameters of longitudinal and torsional flex which best benefit handling and suspension functionality. The frame is finished off with a premium white powder coating and standard frame protectors guaranteeing supreme protection and durability.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30 % carbon fiber making it remarkably light (1.4 kg) and also particularly strong. Specific care is taken to create a certain rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- WP AER 48: The 48 mm split air fork features an insulated air spring and pressurized oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The new component is lightweight and easily adjustable via a single air pressure valve for pre-load (on the left leg) as well as easy access clickers adjusting damping with 30 clicks (on the right leg). Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust air pressure in the fork will be provided as standard.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while conforming to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, damping is improved resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the outer contour of the reservoir increases cooling. The component is also fully adjustable and matched to a linkage system with a specific geometry to deliver the best possible traction and progression with a rear wheel travel of 300 mm.
- Pro Taper handlebar: The Pro Taper handlebar is second to none for function and style. Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. The Pro Taper logos are chemically applied and are scratch and peel resistant. The large Husqvarna bar pad has optimal impact resistance, while the standard handguards offer maximum roost protection.
- Magura braking system: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features an innovative, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position even in the toughest conditions.
- Electric and kick start: The TX 300 is fitted with an electric starter located below the engine. This position ensures that the unit is always protected. Additionally, the system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 pounds lighter than a conventional battery. A kick starter is fitted as standard.
- Map select switch: The engine characteristics can be tailored thanks to the standard map switch that modifies the CDI curve between two ignition curves according to rider preference, conditions and terrain. Further optimisation of the power delivery can be obtained by varying the spring stiffness in the exhaust valve.
- Standard off-road equipment: A large 2.65 gallon fuel tank gives the TX 300 the extra range needed for longer loops. The 6-speed semi-close transmission is perfectly suited for tackling the toughest off-road courses. Both, the 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheel are fitted with Dunlop AT 81 off-road tires. A side stand completes the off-road transformation of the TX 300.
- Wheels: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are coupled to CNC machined hubs using lightweight spokes and silver anodised aluminium nipples.
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 293.2 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 72 mm/72 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter / Electric starter / Lithium Ion 12V 2.2Ah
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Fuel System: Mikuni TMX 38
- Final Drive: 13:50
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: Wet Multi-disc DDS Clutch, Magura Hydraulics
- Frame: Central Double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polyamide
- Front Suspension: WP AER 48 USD Fork
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock with Linkage
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260/220 mm
- Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21 in.; 110/90-18 in.
- Steering Head Angle: 26.1°
- Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,485 ± 10 mm / 58.5 in. ± 0.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 375 mm / 14.8 in.
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in.
- Tank Capacity: 10 L / 2.6 gal.
- Weight, w/o Fuel: 98.4 kg / 216.9 lb.
- Engine Type
- Single Cylinder 2-Stroke
- 293.2 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 x 72 mm
- Fuel System
- Mikuni TMX 38
- Front Suspension
- WP AER 48 USD Fork
- Front Brakes
- Disc Brake 260 mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 in.
- Rear Suspension
- WP Monoshock with Linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc Brake 220 mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-18 in.
- Dry Weight
- 216.9 lb. (98.4 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.6 gal. (10 L)
- 58.5 in. ± 0.4 in. (1,485 ± 10 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 14.8 in. (375 mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960 mm)
- 6 Gears