2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles TE 250
The TE 250 takes the simple, low-maintenance motor concept that is a proven favourite of enduro riders, and progresses it with modern technological advancements. The engine shaft arrangements ensure excellent mass centralisation while a counter-balancer shaft reduces vibration. The electric starter unit is located within the engine casings, keeping it secure from impacts and is linked to a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery for reliable starting when needed most.
- Engine: The 250cc 2-stroke engine has for long been the best combination of unsurpassed power and lightweight construction. The simplicity and low maintenance cost of the 2-stroke motor has made it a favourite amongst enduro riders for generations. The TE 250 engine has an advanced construction featuring shaft arrangements precisely positioned for better mass centralisation, a counter balancer shaft reducing vibration, a twin-valve controlled power valve and 6-speed enduro gearbox.
- Cylinder: The 66.4mm bore cylinder features a twin valve controlled power valve system which delivers smooth and controlled power throughout the RPM range. This can be further customised by simply changing between three springs supplied and altering the power delivery for different conditions and rider preference.
- Counter-balancer: The engine houses a laterally mounted counter balancer shaft. The balancer significantly reduces vibration delivering a smoother and more comfortable ride.
- Crankcase: The TE 250 engine is designed to improve mass centralisation. As a result the lightweight, die-cast engine casings are developed to accommodate the shaft arrangements is the ideal position, centralising oscillating mass and improving ride-ability.
- Chromoly steel frame: The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted by WP Performance Systems. The flex character of the frame is specifically tailored to benefit suspension functionality, handling and comfort. The frame fitted with standard frame protectors and an engine protector which mounts directly to the frame guaranteeing superior protection and durability.
- WP Xplor 48: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is developed by WP Performance Systems specifically for enduro type riding. The forks consist of an open cartridge layout with a spring in each circuit and split damping functions. For MY18, the forks feature new outer tubes with improved flex characteristics and reduced friction while a new stiffer setting offers more sensitivity and greater bottoming resistance.
- WP rear shock: The WP DCC rear shock is designed to provide advanced damping characteristics while keeping to a compact and lightweight design. With a pressure balance inside the shock, the stroke is more seamless resulting in greater rider comfort and handling while the corrugated outer contour of the reservoir improves cooling.
- Composite carbon fibre subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30 % carbon fibre making it remarkably light (1.4 kg). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Magura braking system: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Electric and kick start: The TE 250 is fitted with an electric starter neatly tucked away below the engine casings. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than conventional lead battery. A standard kick starter is fitted for added peace of mind.
- Tool-less air filter access: The airbox is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remains identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- Functional bodywork: Distinctive and futuristic bodywork highlight the enduro range while striking pearl blue and electric yellow graphics stylishly adorn the Swedish inspired design. The advanced ergonomics provide superior comfort and control allowing the rider to perform at their peak for extended periods of time.
- Map select switch: The engine characteristics can be tailored thanks to the standard map switch that modifies the CDI curve between two ignition curves according to rider preference, conditions and terrain. Further optimisation of the power delivery can be obtained by varying the spring stiffness in the exhaust valve.
- Self cleaning footpeg mount: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminium footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Pro Taper handlebar: The Pro Taper handlebar is second to none for function and style. Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight. The Pro Taper logos are chemically applied and are scratch and peel resistant.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249 cm³
- Starter: Kick and electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 11.81 in.
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Seat height: 37.8 in.
- Weight without fuel: 225.31 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 12.99 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 2.64 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 249 cm³
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD Xplor 48 with preload adjuster
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 225.31 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.64 US gal.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.